Debate Camp believes strongly in ensuring it operates according to the highest available standard in health and safety practices
Debate Camp in 2020-2021 has received successful accreditation status from the American Camping Association and Canadian Camping Association, holding our camps to the highest standards of safety and education for all campers, staff, and families.
Compliance Officer Chris Abraham with Debate Camp's 2020 CANSPEI Accreditation Certificate. Kelsey Schott, Debate Camp's US Director with our American Camping Association Accreditation Certificate
Debate Camp strives to ensure all of our programs are held to the highest available standard of health and safety practices in North American children's recreational camping and educational programming. This includes best practices in:
- recruitment, screening and background review for all staff and interns
- sound educational goals for all program areas
- documented and well-developed practices for all emergency procedures
- meeting compliance with various public health authorities
- food storage and services (where applicable)
- maintenance of camper information, reporting, and record keeping
- camper and staff health and safety at all points in the camp day
AMERICAN CAMPING ASSOCIATION
Debate Camp successfully completed the ACA 18 month accreditation process in 2021. This process included a thorough documentation and policy review of Debate Camp's Operation Manual and training materials. In 2021, an ACA site visitor visited in-person camp locations to observe camp operations and ensure the highest of facility standards at two of our American Debate Camp locations (as exemplars of our program in all regions)
CANADIAN CAMPING ASSOCIATION
Debate Camp in 2020 was awarded with accreditation status from the provincial division of the CCA - Camping Association of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island [CANSPEI] . This 24 month process, ensured that all operating standards, including overnight camps in Canada are compliant with the highest operating standards; inclusive of an audit of our mission and values.