Debate Camp provides one-week summer camp programs in Public Speaking, Parliamentary Debating and Model United Nations.
Our multi-level program welcomes all abilities in grades 5 through 11.
Since 2002 we have helped thousands of young people become better advocates for their ideas, develop strong persuasion and public speaking skills and ultimately feel empowered to speak well to a variety of audiences.
2020 will be our 18th summer season - - we look forward to welcoming you!
DEBATE CAMP is built for everyone, with a levelled program for the novice speaker to those with competative experience. All campers develop skills in:
• effective structure of a good debate
• brainstorming and case construction
• refutation and counterpoints
• effective delivery - all speeches
• efficient research skills
• stance, rebuilding and summary points
• effective teamwork
Our PUBLIC SPEAKING program delivers skills-specific workshops on:
• effective ways to brainstorm a topic
• how to build audience interest and attention
• how to organize subtopics and transitions
• effective practice techniques
• delivery strategies
• effective use of humour
Our MODEL UNITED NATIONS program enhances the skills development at camp by:
• opening young minds to global issues
• providing examples in support of debate cases
• teaching the skills of consensus building
• ensuring campers learn to work well in teams
• teaching the value of diplomacy
Our son came home every day excited to explain what he had learned, and enthusiastic to get back to camp the next day. This camp incorporated fun, education, and an enriching experience for its campers. Outstanding camp and will highly recommend it.
Toronto parent - 2018